The 12-digit Udyog aadhar registration number is a Unique Identification Number (UIN) that simplifies the registration procedure for small businesses.
The Ministry of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) of the Government of India provides Udyog aadhar.
MSME’s most notable feature is:
- Online registration is simple and convenient.
- On a self-declaration basis, Udyog aadhar Memorandum (UAM) can be filed.
- There is no requirement for documentation.
- More than one Udyog aadhar with the same Aadhaar number should be filed.
When did the Udyog aadhar Scheme become operational?
In September of 2015, the Udyog aadhar Scheme was introduced. There are now around 87 lakh Udyam registrations in the country.
Is the MSME registration different from the Udyog aadhar registration?
No, there isn’t a distinction between Udyog aadhar and MSME registration. MSME registration was previously known as Udyam registration.
Udyog aadhar Features and Benefits:
The following are the major characteristics and benefits of Udyog aadhar:
- The registration process is simple and free.
- Documents are not required to be submitted.
- The ability to file multiple Udyog Aadhar
- There is a self-declaration option available.
Registration for Udyog Aadhar:
The Udyog aadhar system allows for free registration. There are two ways to register for Udyog aadhar: online and offline.
- Registration without the use of an Aadhaar number is possible.
- Aadhaar number is used for registration.
The following are the guidelines for both registration processes:
1) Registration without an Aadhaar number: If an applicant is not enrolled for Aadhaar, he or she must follow the processes outlined below.
- Apply for Aadhaar enrolment if you are qualified for Aadhaar under Section 3 of the Aadhaar Act.
- The relevant MSME-DI or DIC, on the other hand, must file the UAM registration upon submission of the following documents:
- A copy of the Aadhaar enrolment request or an Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip
- One of the following documents: a voter identification card, a driver’s licence, a passport, a bank passbook with a photograph, a PAN card, and so on.
2) Aadhaar number registration: If you already have your Aadhaar number, you can register using the methods outlined below.
- Go to the registration area of the udyam registration portal.
- Fill in your Aadhaar number and name in the areas provided on the page.
- To begin the registration procedure, click the ‘Validate & Generate OTP’ option and enter the OTP that will be issued to the cellphone number associated with your Aadhaar.
- You will be led to a new homepage with a form on which you must input your 12-digit Aadhaar number and the company owner’s name.
- Choose the applicant’s social category. If the applicant is a member of the SC, ST, or OBC categories, evidence of membership may be required to be given to the appropriate authorities.
- Choose the applicant’s gender.
- The name of the company through which the transaction will be carried out.
- The organization’s kind must be chosen from a list supplied on the website.
- The applicant’s PAN must be entered in the designated field.
- One or more plant sites can be added to a single registration by the applicant.
- The business’s entire official address (postal) should be supplied.
- The start date of the company can be entered in the designated field.
- If there have been any previous registrations, these must be given.
- The business’s bank account information must be given.
- The applicant must select a National Industry Classification Code (NIC Code) that corresponds to the business’s operations.
- It is necessary to offer a count of the number of employees employed by the company.
- The specifics of the plant and machinery investments must be supplied.
- The DIC’s location must be determined based on the location of the business.
- After you’ve completed the form, double-check all of the information for any possible errors before clicking the ‘Submit’ option at the bottom.
- After that, an OTP will be produced and delivered to the email address given during the registration process.
- To complete the application, enter the OTP and Captcha code and click the “Submit” button.
- Udyog aadhar Eligibility Criteria
- Small, medium and micro-businesses in the industrial and service sectors are all eligible for Udyam registration.
Udyog Registration documents required
The registration process for Udyog aadhar does not need the submission of papers. You should, however, keep a few documents on hand because you will be asked to submit information at the time of registration. The following is a list of the documents:
- Bank passbook with picture Aadhaar card or Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip
- Voter identification card
- PAN card (passport)
- Valid driver’s licence
- A government-issued employee identification card (if any)
- Certificate of Caste (for SC, ST, and OBC category)
In addition to the papers listed above, depending on the demand, you may be required to submit other documents.